Ryan’s Custom Nerf Guns in Spanish

Return to English site here.

(( Start Translation here ))

Home of the 63 foot Maverick! See new video here.

Greetings! My name is Ryan Siller, and I am offering customized Nerf Guns. I have a great deal of information to go over, so let's get started!

UPDATE! Due to the popularity of my guns, and some of the rave reviews I’m getting, I’m lowering prices in several places. See here for details.

( Special Note: This front page post is updated daily with the latest information so please be sure to check back often. New mods and pictures are added often )

My first product is the 2008 Nerf N-Strike Maverick REV-6 modified with powerful internal modifications and a custom, uniquely detailed paint scheme. See pictures.

Example of the highest tier modified and painted gun. MANY MANY hours of labor and detailing go into these projects, thus their slightly premium price point.

Seen here is the latest version of the Tier 3 “Steampunk” style paint job.


ryan-007-SA-001

ryan-007-SA-002

ryan-007-SA-003

ryan-007-SA-004

ryan-007-SA-005

ryan-007-SA-006

ryan-007-SA-007

ryan-007-SA-008

ryan-007-SA-009

 ryan-007-SA-010

ryan-007-SA-011

ryan-007-SA-012

ryan-007-SA-013 ryan-007-SA-014


This is a very popular, powerful Nerf blaster. Retails for $8-10, normally comes with 6 foam darts with a suction cup head. It's a very fun toy for adults, but the color scheme makes it hard to take seriously. There is also a lot of potential for modifying the gun to make it even better and more powerful. To that end, I present Ryan Siller's Modified Maverick.

Mod List:

Barrel Load Mod - Normally the Barrel only sticks out about halfway, making it hard to load it or spin it. I cut several parts from both the main gun and the barrel. This makes it look more like a real revolver. You can freely spin the barrel and then flick the gun to lock it back in. ( Not used with Drop Cylinder mod )

 

IMG_0285

 

Spring Modifications - Spring was stretched and a spacer was added to make the plunger discharge faster. Gives more power and distance.

Note: I am currently seeking a stable supplier of replacement springs, and until I find one, I will not be using replacement springs.

Barrel Air Restrictor Mod - The posts that are on the air restrictors were removed. I drill out the restrictors as well. The main benefit is the ability to fire homemade ammo, called "Stefan's" after the person who came up with the idea. ( Not used with Barrel Upgrade mod )

Straw Mod - I cut out the Air Restrictors and hot glue a straw into the barrel. It makes it seal better and better directs the air flow. Each barrel is filled with expanding foam or hot glue, sealed, and re-enforced. This is the secret to making the darts more powerful. ( Not used with Barrel Upgrade mod )

 

IMG_0263

NEW – Stage II POWER Mod – New for May a special new power mod is being implemented which gives considerably more power. I am keeping the details of this mod under wraps, and it is an optional mod.

When ordering, specify “stage II” and add $10 to the listed prices below. please note that the long term viability of the gun with this mod is not known.

NEW – Upgraded Barrels – Especially potent when combined with the Stage II power mod, I hack, slash, and glue in a complete set of replacement barrels, tight as a drum and much longer than stock. The advantages are several.

  • Longer Distance – with more barrel to travel through, the projectile has a longer run up to maintain a straight-line velocity.
  • More power – A combination of tighter fit and better seal at the bottom means that more power is delivered to the ammo. This also obviates two of the standard mods.
  • More Accurate – Infinitely more accurate than the stock barrel. One of the chief problems with the Nerf Barrel is abysmal stock accuracy, even with custom ammo. An upgraded barrel assures accurate shots every time.

DSC01030

DSC01031 

Mod Pricing

I am still working out the process, so pricing may be in flux for a while. A lot of work and more raw material goes into this mod, so for now, I will just say email me for a quote based on what and how many of what you are ordering. This mod will most likely be in the $20 ballpark.

How much difference does this mod make?

Based on my testing, a gun fitted with the upgraded barrels but not the Stage II power mod groups shots consistently to 40+ feet, and with Stage II more than 50+ feet.

See video of a fully modified Maverick with the upgraded barrels here.

NEW – Removable DROP Cylinders– Want a quick load cylinder that pops completely out of the gun? Want to keep a couple of spares on hand for Nerf Wars? I’ll do any paintjob complete with “Drop Cylinder”. Just add $30 for set-up and one spare cylinder and then $25 each additional cylinder for fully painted guns, or $25 for set-up and one spare cylinder and then $20 each additional cylinder for non painted guns. The additional cost is to cover the modifying of the cylinder and painting. The cylinder is the most labor intensive part of the whole gun.

As per above, if you are ordering Upgraded Barrels, and want more than one cylinder, each cylinder will have to be upgraded. Pricing TBD.

Pictures and Video coming soon!

Premium Parts - Unlike other sellers, I purchase and use parts from many Mavericks. I pick out only the best performing parts and even screws from each set, and assemble the best possible gun for each release. A great deal of thought and effort is put into each gun.

 

IMG_0278

 

Custom Paint Job - Entire gun is carefully sanded for many, many hours. A lot of detail work goes into this process, allowing the gun to take a new, more metallic paint job. After the base coat, the paint may be "weathered" with a different color, and this gives the whole gun a very realistic, battle worn look.

Every gun is fully painted, down to all of the moving parts. Some guns you find on ebay leave the sled, the barrel supports, and other small parts unpainted. I detail the entire gun, sanding and finishing every piece, detailing to perfection.

 

DSC00981

 DSC00982

 DSC00984

 DSC00987

 DSC00989

 DSC00992

 DSC00993 

There are Three Tiers of pricing for my Mavericks, and two categories. This includes painted and unpainted, and modified or stock. This way you choose what you want. See below for details.

Custom Ammo - My modified guns each come with 40 1.5" dark gray custom "darts". This ammo is lighter and more front weighted than stock ammo, and far more cost effective. These are included free. Additional darts are available. Please email for a quote.

 

ammo

Distances

Finally, after extensive testing, I can come out and claim that my Maverick with ALL the above mods will group shots to 63 feet. This is a HUGE leap over similar guns. Video of the measuring, marking of ammo and firing coming soon.

Note on ammo: Due to the nature of the mods associated with these guns, they do not fire standard Nerf ammo very well, or at all. Nerf Ammo contains a hollow core, and is fired using a spring and plastic piece that hits the back of the dart, creating the initial drive. Because the standard ammo is hollow, less air pressure builds behind it, and thus, use of custom ammo is highly recommended.

Ryan’s Maverick Signature Series

Want the whole Enchilada? The ULTIMATE Maverick? Want the best of the best? Simply order a Signature Series, and I will produce a Maverick on order of only the finest of each part, hand selected, with EVERY mod I do, painted with a custom paint detailing that goes even beyond Tier 3. Every tiny nook and cranny is detailed, and then detailed some more.

The Signature Series includes:

  • Tier 3+ Paint Job
  • Spring Mod
  • Stage II Power Mod
  • Drop Cylinders with three complete, painted cylinders
  • Upgraded Barrels in Each cylinder
  • 100 count hand picked ammo, straight, true, and tested to 50+ feet.
  • Matching Holster
  • Priority Warrantee. If your gun breaks due to normal wear and tear, I will fix it within 6 months. 
  • Guaranteed to be a 60 foot gun
  • Each gun is hand signed and numbered

Each gun is thoroughly tested, and the paint macro-inspected. You will receive a gun that I would be proud to show off as my own. 

Price - $300 plus shipping.

I realize that this sounds like a lot, but it represents many days worth of work for me, a great deal of raw materials, and is in line with the pricing of my normal guns. This is the premium product and you are welcome to order the normal guns if you don’t need so many mods. This is the only package I offer a guaranteed warrantee on.

Please allow 2-3 weeks processing time for Signature Series.

Pictures available soon, after the first order.

The Pictures -

These are the pictures of the final assembly, and corresponding Tiers of paint jobs.

The first is "Tier 1". Base coat is a metallic black, and unlike the other two, there is no weathering here. It's all shiny and new. Gun is finished, detailed, and sprayed with three coats of a glossy clear coat, as opposed to the satin coat of the other two. It's hard to see the difference in pictures, but it's shinier. This is an example of the Tier 1 price for painting, because it represents the least overall detailing. This doesn't mean that it's easy, just that it lacks the massively time consuming "weathering" effect of the other two tiers. For your order, you can choose other colors, such as brown. I don't really recommend lighter colors on their own.

 

Tier-1

 

The second picture is "Tier 2". Base coat is a metallic black. I then hand painted the silver onto the whole body, giving the whole gun a scratched, worn look. Gun is finished, detailed, and sprayed with three coats of satin clear coat. It looks fantastic in person, like a battle worn gunmetal gray revolver. The silver detailing is hand brushed and very labor intensive. Yours may be any color combination available in the paints that work well with this plastic.

 

Tier-2

 

Finally, the third picture is "Tier 3", which is the most Premium Paint Job I offer. This Tier contains a considerable amount of further layers of detail, including hand weathering each layer of paint, hand brushing additional details such as "burn/scorch" marks into the barrel and slide, and applying painstaking "rust" effect to the entire unit. Base coat is a metallic black, and some parts are copper. This Tier also contains additional masking to make the grip of the handle a different overall color from the rest of the gun. This two stage paint process is very time consuming and is not included in the two lower Tiers in order to keep cost down. This two tone look is a slight nod to Steampunk without being overt or tacky. I then hand paint the silver/brown/rust onto the whole body, giving the whole gun a scratched, worn look. Gun is finished, detailed, and sprayed with three coats of satin clear coat. It looks amazing in person, like a battle worn gunmetal gray/copper/rusted Steampunk revolver.

 

Tier-3

 

Pictures truly do not do justice to this level of detail. If you want to see some higher resolution images, email me.

OTHER NERF GUNS

If you want a different Nerf gun painted, such as the Recon, Vulcan or Longshot, email for a quote. I will begin offering modified versions of them as I am able. For now, I will be happy to paint a stock version of any of the above to the  level of perfection seen in my Mavericks. Bear in mind that this is a costly, time consuming process, so please have a clear idea of what you would like your gun to look like.

COLORS:

Available Base Colors -

Black, Graphite, Brown, and Green

Available Detail Colors -

Silver, Brown, Copper, White, and others, as available.

BARREL TIPS - I have gone back and forth on the issue of painting the tips. I am willing to offer any Tier of paint job with the tip left as orange. It still looks very nice, and I have pictures to share via email.

Pricing

There are two types of work that I do,

Painting - which includes three general Tiers of detail and pricing

Modding - which includes detailed internal modifications to allow the gun to not only fire harder, but fire custom ammo.

Prices:

Unpainted Guns - Fully modified, but unpainted Mavs are $45. These have the advantage of operating a bit smoother due to not having additional paint on them. Turnaround is a lot faster on these as well.

NON modified, painted Mavs are the following:

  • Tier 1 - as described above - $60
  • Tier 2 - as described above - $70
  • Tier 3 - as described above - $80

Please note that while that seems like a lot of money, a great many hours over many days goes into the labor of Tiers 2 and especially 3. This is an Artisan craft, and as such, is subject to my skills, training, raw materials consumption, and just as importantly, time. It's actually not very much per hour when you break it down. I'm just here to support myself on my skills, not get rich.

Pictures of the sanding process:

 

IMG_0310

IMG_0309

IMG_0268

IMG_0267

IMG_0266

IMG_0313

 

I have a couple of customers so far who might be willing to share their experience working with me and offer their take on whether my work is worth the money. For serious inquires I will put you in touch. I will also be posting pictures and “reviews” very soon. I am home all day, I respond to emails immediately, and I work hard to please my clients.

Now for the whole enchilada, if you want a fully modified AND painted gun, the following prices apply with slight discount. It's easier to me to do modifications and painting on the same gun, so I'll take a few bucks off. I know it's an investment, but it's an investment in something very unique.

Fully Modified, Painted Guns are the following pricing:

  • Tier 1 - as described above - $80
  • Tier 2 - as described above - $90
  • Tier 3 - as described above - $100

All modified guns come with 40 rounds of custom ammo.

Please note, I'm pretty easy going, and I'm flexible on payment terms, or even possible trades. There's always lots of stuff I need, so if you own a business and want to trade something cost effective to you, let me know. I'm into computers, gadgets, toys, especially Transformers, DVDs, games, and even household stuff like kitchen supplies. Just email me.

Quantity Discount - The labor and materials costs per order are pretty tight as is, but if you help me out with a large order, I'll do what I can to accommodate with a discount. Due to the varying degree of costs associated with each tier, I can't offer a flat discount. I will consider each order on a case by case basis.

AMMO PRICING

Additional ammo is available with notice for the following:

  • 50 - $8
  • 100 - $12
  • 200 - $20

Please ask about larger quantities. I'm just one guy ya know :)

 

Terms of Sale:

Fully modified and painted Mavericks are very labor intensive. I thoroughly test each one after final assembly. These guns are very sturdy, but are no longer toys. They should never be given to children, due to the modifications in place. They fire more powerfully than the stock versions, and are meant for adult collectors.

Turnaround Time: - Greatly depends on workload.

Unpainted, modified guns - Take about 2 days to process, including curing of sealants. If I have no other work orders, your order will ship on the third day after I receive payment via Paypal. If you wish to pay via certified check or money order, I will begin order after money is cleared.

Painted, non-modified guns Take 2 days for sanding and masking, and then:

Tier 1 - at least two days for painting, detailing, touch up, and clear coating. I HIGHLY recommend allowing an additional day to fully dry so that I can check to make sure there is no further touch up to be done. - Shipping as soon as fourth day.

Tier 2 - at least three days for painting, detailing, touch up, and clear coating. I HIGHLY recommend allowing an additional day to fully dry so that I can check to make sure there is no further touch up to be done. - Shipping as soon as fifth day.

Tier 3 - at least five days for painting, detailing, touch up, and clear coating. I HIGHLY recommend allowing an additional day to fully dry so that I can check to make sure there is no further touch up to be done. - Shipping as soon as seventh day or later.

Fully Painted AND Modified Guns take the following:

NOTE: ALL modifications are performed and allowed to dry and cure before sanding and painting takes place. This is to assure that the paint process is not interrupted and assures a high quality finish. Therefore, fully painted and modified guns take a while.

Modifications - 2 days for modifications, 2 days for sanding and masking, and then:

Tier 1 - at least two days for painting, detailing, touch up, and clear coating. I HIGHLY recommend allowing an additional day to fully dry so that I can check to make sure there is no further touch up to be done. - Shipping as soon as sixth day.

Tier 2 - at least three days for painting, detailing, touch up, and clear coating. I HIGHLY recommend allowing an additional day to fully dry so that I can check to make sure there is no further touch up to be done. - Shipping as soon as seventh day.

Tier 3 - at least five days for painting, detailing, touch up, and clear coating. I HIGHLY recommend allowing an additional day to fully dry so that I can check to make sure there is no further touch up to be done. - Shipping as soon as ninth day or later.

Workload delay- If I have a large workload, I'll let you know upfront. Basically for every two orders per day beyond a first, I would add an additional day to processing time. I won't rush any order, and these projects are very labor intensive. I will always alert you as I go along. I also take extensive pictures of each gun I do from original package to the packing of your order. If you want, I can send pictures each day.

AGE -

No one under the age of 18 may order. I will not sell to minors, nor will I be held responsible for a minor purchasing through an adult.

The Customer is NOT Always Right -

A new policy. I’ve received a number of very rude messages via eBay over the last several days. If you don’t like something about my operation, feel free to not buy. If you are rude, impatient, or a total douche, I will not sell to you. I’m not very PC, and even though I’m extremely prompt and polite to those who follow my rules, I’m just as quick to ignore those who don’t. So if you’re bossy, pushy, impatient or rude, take it elsewhere.

SHIPPING

USA - Shipping to the USA is via Priority Mail with Delivery Confirmation for $11. For insurance add $2, which is highly recommended.

 

IMG_0357

IMG_0358

 

Shipping to other countries varies, but here are some examples:

  • To Canada with insurance - $29
  • To Mexico with 75 indemnity - $26
  • To Japan with insurance - $47
  • To Australia with insurance - $47
  • To England with insurance - $47

Please inquire for your country. I will ship anywhere!

If you are ordering two or more, discounts may apply. For very large orders I may be able to pack them in a larger box. It will depend on distance and time required.

Returns - Due to the highly personal and labor intensive nature of the work, I am hesitant to offer a formal return policy. If your gun for some reason is not working properly, I will inspect and either repair or replace it at my discretion. If it looks abused, or tampered with, I cannot offer any refund. If you busted it up, and you admit it but you want a new one, I'll be happy to trade in the old gun for a discount on a new one, depending on how much of your gun I can salvage for parts. I'm just one guy trying to make a living, so that's the best I can offer at this time.

Attrition -

Please note that modified Nerf guns are plastic toys being subjected to considerable stress. Over time, they will lose power. This is not a flaw, nor is it something I will consider returns for. Bear in mind the limitations of plastic. If you want me to “refresh” your gun, I will do so for a fee, depending on the parts needed. If you are not comfortable with this idea, but still want a beautifully painted gun, buy one without the mods. They last longer.

Conclusion - Thank you for reading, and I hope I have addressed your every concern. If you have questions, want to place an order, or want to discuss a custom project, email me at uryaen@yahoo.com.

If you want to see the full size pictures, or you'd like me to shoot a particular angle, just shoot me an email. Thanks and I look forward to helping you.

Ryan Siller

0 comments:

Post a Comment