NEW! Custom Painted Transformers!

Greetings all,

Owing to the success of my Nerf Gun modding and painting business, I’ve decided to expand my offerings. I’m a HUGE fan of Transformers, and I’ve noticed that custom painted Transformers seem to do really well on eBay, so it’s a natural fit for me.

I decided to start by doing a test painting on one of my 07’ Bumblebee figures. See pictures below. As you can see, it came out wonderfully. I did a more realistic brushed metal look, with rust. This overall look has been extremely popular on the Steampunk Nerf guns, and it looks even better here. Notice how the gears are rusted more than the other wear parts? This is my attention to detail and realism at work.

DSC01645

2007 Stealth Bumblebee; Battle worn with scraped metal on the car parts. More pictures at the bottom.

Starting today, I am taking pre-orders for certain models. The first offerings will be the:

Bumblebee – Including:

Human Alliance Bumblebee with Sam – painted in brushed metal with new yellow paint and scratched, battle worn details.

ROTF Bumblebee – Choose from shiny and new, or battle worn, like the Stealth Bumblebee featured on this page.

2007 Stealth Bumblebee – Featured on this page. Note that this Bumblebee will cost $10 additional and will incur an additional week or more waiting time to purchase one from eBay.

As my collection of paints and supplies grows I will add other figures. Pretty much any Transformer is going to be available. The main idea behind most of the customs will be to make the details more realistic.

 

To order:

Same overall process as buying Nerf Guns from me, but simpler due to having fewer add-ins and options. Send a PayPal payment to uryaenebay@gmail.com:

  1. Indicate figured desired. Be exact. Don’t just say “Bumblebee”. Tell me if you want the “Deluxe Cannon Bumblebee” or “Human Alliance Bumblebee”.

  2. Indicate if you want JUST the realistic paint job, or if you want it battle worn a bit, with scratches and rust.

  3. If your order requires additional parts culled from a copy of that figure or another figure, you will be charged extra. The charge will be equal to the retail cost of the additional figure plus a prorated fee based on the additional work. This is for cases where you might want an extra set of weapons and missiles painted to match, but don’t need the whole figure. Email me first in these cases.

  4. Shipping prices are TBD, but will be in the $15 range domestic. Intl is TBD. If in doubt, just send $15 and I’ll let you know if more is indicated when I’m ready to ship.

That’s it. Standard workload rules apply. Watch my tweets.

 

MINI FAQ:


Why should I buy from you?

I am a recognized and established toy modder/painter. I have a review with Michael Crawford, I’m mentioned in the twitter for Big Bad Toy Store, and my clients give me and my service rave reviews. If something isn’t right, or takes a long time, I always go the extra SEVERAL miles to make sure that it’s right.

Basing the business model on the same ideals which have made me a successful Nerf Modder, I will offer unique services such as a replacement warranty similar to the one I offer Nerf clients. More details on this soon.


Will you do XXXX figure?

Most likely. I’m still working out the process and purchasing different paints and brushes and other supplies. Note that I do not have access to an airbrush at this time, so I may be limiting my work to effects which are possible with brushes. This means that for most of the car parts, I may leave the glossy car part alone, and only paint the robot parts, and then clear coat the car in glossy clear. I will announce and post pictures as I go alone, but feel free to order ANY current production model, meaning the ROTF movie line.

If I get a lot of orders and can afford the several hundred dollars, I will buy a new airbrush and start offering that service as well.


How much for XXXX?

I have been studying the eBay results of custom Transformers carefully. Based on my research, my work is on par with and worth the following amounts. Pricing subject to adjustment but not by much. This is the pricing structure going forward. I feel that these price points are worth the time and materials to me, and represent a very fair value to the client. My Nerf pricing has been vetted as a great value, and so without further ado:

Deluxe – $74.99

Voyager – $149.99

Human Alliance – $174.99- ( Due to increased detail )

Leader - $249.99( Detailing is higher, and much more paint is used )

Supreme – Example would be the new Devastator figure. I’ve seen auctions in the 600-1000 range. I’ll do one if requested, but I lack the funds to buy one myself and do it ahead of time. I’m greatly looking forward to doing one though, so feel free to order.

Bear in mind that like my Nerf Guns, prices may be in flux for a while, and may settle higher or lower than this. If you have enjoyed my work in the past, and are interested in an order, don’t delay.

DSC01646 DSC01647 DSC01649 DSC01650 DSC01651 DSC01652 DSC01653 DSC01654 DSC01655 DSC01656 DSC01657 DSC01658 DSC01659 DSC01660 DSC01661 DSC01662 DSC01663 DSC01664 DSC01665 DSC01666 DSC01667 DSC01668 DSC01669 DSC01670

1 comments:

Unknown said...

I just came to your post and reading above thing it is very impressive me and it is very nice blog. Thanks a lot for sharing this.
Toy guns for kids

Post a Comment